The Economics of Happiness is a rapidly growing area in economics. Research on the critical economic determinants of happiness such as income, unemployment, and inequality has already initiated important political discussions on how to use happiness on national and global levels. One of the missions of the GLO is to promote happiness research in all areas of economics. The global network will contribute to ongoing discussions on the happiness effects of unemployment, inequality, poverty and migration through international research and policy advise.
Cluster Lead: Milena Nikolova
Milena Nikolova (University of Groningen) is also Associate Editor of the Journal of Population Economics and Section Editor “Happiness” of the forthcoming Springer Nature Handbook “Labor, Human Resources and Population Economics”.
- August 3-6: Burlington, Vermont, USA. GLO/EHERO hybrid special sessions on Happiness Economics at the ISQOLS Conference. Special invitations.
- 06; 1-4: Luxembourg. GLO-sponsored conference, Well-being 2022. Submission deadline January 31. More information.
- August 23-27: Five GLO/EHERO Special Sessions on Well-being at the 19th International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies ISQOLS Annual Conference 2021 Virtual. Conference Program. Detailed GLO/EHERO program on August 27. Report with Videos.
- August, 25-28: Rotterdam, The Netherlands. GLO/EHERO Special Sessions on Well-being at the 18th International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies ISQOLS Annual Conference. Submission deadline: January 15, 2020. MORE INFO.
- September, 4-7: Granada/Spain. 17th International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS) Annual Conference. Joint GLO/EHERO Symposium chaired by Martijn Burger (EHERO) and Milena Nikolova (GLO). MORE INFORMATION. Final Report.