The Videos listed here are presentations from GLO related activities. They are hosted by the GLO YouTube channel. (To subscribe go there.) GLO members can propose videos from their GLO related activities to email@example.com.
- July 2, Istanbul, Turkey. 36th EBES conference; Report, Program & VIDEO on GLO Handbook Session on second day on “Worker Representation, Labor-Management Relations and Labor Standards”. VIDEO.
- 6; 24-26: Guangzhou, Jinan University, China. Fourth IESR-GLO Joint Conference on “Social Assistance”. Virtual event. MORE INFO about the program. Intermediate Report. Final Report with program. Videos of the three days: Day 1: Keynote of Robert Moffit. Plenary Session I LINK. Day 2: Policy Forum on Social Assistance Systems LINK. Day 3: Keynote of Timothy Smeeding. Plenary Session LINK.
- June 10: Canterbury, University of Kent, UK. IEA-GLO Pre-conference workshop; recording of the GLO-IEA Invited Sessions for the 2021 World Congress of the International Economic Association (IEA) on 2-6 July 2021. Program, Report and Video of all presentations. See also the congress website of the IEA World Congress 2021.
- June 7, 2021. Organized by POP@UNU-MERIT, GLO & Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and hosted by UNU-MERIT, Maastricht, an Online Workshop on “Technological Change, Employment & Skills” took place. The workshop presented the core findings of 10 chapters of the 20 review articles of the section on ‘Technological Changes and the Labor Market’. MORE DETAILS. Video will become available soon.
- June 3: Chiara Rapallini (Università degli Studi di Firenze): Personality Traits and Earnings: A Meta-Analysis. GLO Virtual Seminar. Report & Video of the event.
- May 27: Journal of Population Economics Online Workshop. Issue 3/2021. Hosted by UNU-MERIT. Maastricht (CET 4-6 pm). Open to the public. Announcement. Video of the event. Report of the event.
- May 17: Academia Europaea (AE), Section Economics, Business & Management Sciences. Online Workshop on “Human Resources Challenges” (Migration, Covid-19). Hosted by Central European University, CEU School of Public Policy. Vienna 11 am – 15 pm. Open to AE, CEU, UNU-MERIT& GLO members and the public. Report with video migration & video Covid-19 sessions.
- May 6, 2021: Keith Bender (University of Kent): Employment Contracts and Stress. GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of the Seminar.
- April 8, 2021: Nicole Simpson (Colgate University): Single Mothers and Tax Credits: Insurance Without Disincentives? GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of Seminar. Presentation slides.
- March 5, 2021: Marco Vivarelli (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore): May AI revolution be labour-friendly? Some micro evidence from the supply side. GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of Seminar. Presentation slides.
- February 5, 2021: Pedro Martins (Queen Mary University of London): Employer collusion and employee training. GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of Seminar. Presentation slides.
- January 28, 2021: Journal of Population Economics Online Workshop. Presentation of Issue 2/2021. Hosted by UNU-MERIT. Maastricht. Open to the public. Announcement. Video of the event. Report of the event.
- January 7, 2021: Cynthia Bansak (St. Lawrence University): Endogamous Marriage among Immigrant Groups: The Impact of Deportations under Secure Communities. GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of Seminar. Presentation slides.
- December 19, 2020: Beijing, China. Third Renmin University – GLO Conference on “Chinese Labor Market Issues”. Program & Registration. Report and video of the event.
- December 3, 2020: John P. de New, (Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne): Dreaming Big: Higher Occupational Aspirations From Persistent and Advantaged Kids. GLO Virtual Seminar. News – report of the event. Video of the Seminar.
- November 19, 2020: Journal of Population Economics Online Workshop. Kuznets Prize 2021 & Presentation of Issue 1/2021. Hosted by UNU-MERIT. Maastricht. Open to the public. Announcement. Video of the event. Report No. 1 & report No. 2 of the event.
- November 13, 2020: David Audretsch (Indiana University): Covid-19, Democracy & Entrepreneurship. Report of the event. Video of the event.
- November 5, 2020: Ira Gang (Rutgers University): Schooling Forsaken or Not? Education and Migration. GLO Virtual Seminar. Report about the event. Video of the seminar.
- October 15, 2020: Third webinar in the GLO Virtual Young Scholar (GLO-VirtYS) Program, Cohort 2019-20. Full video of the event.
(i) Zhiling Wang (Assistant Professor at Erasmus University Rotterdam): Do International Study Programmes Pay off for Native Students?
(ii) Ömer Tuğsal Doruk (Assistant Professor at Adana Alparslan Türkeş Science and Technology University): School to Work Transition and Macroeconomic Conditions in the Turkish Economy
- October 1, 2020: Alfonso Flores-Lagunes (Syracuse University): The Effects of Vietnam-Era Military Service on the Long-Term Health of Veterans. GLO Virtual Seminar. Report about the event.
- September 17, 2020: Second webinar in the GLO Virtual Young Scholar (GLO-VirtYS) Program, Cohort 2019-20. Full video of the event.
(i) Satyendra Kumar Gupta (Jindal School of Government and Public Policy): Irrigation and Culture: Gender Roles and Women’s Rights
(ii) Kelly Hyde (University of Pittsburgh): The Regressive Costs of Drinking Water Contaminant Avoidance
- September 10, 2020: First webinar in the GLO Virtual Young Scholar (GLO-VirtYS) Program, Cohort 2019-20. Full video of the event.
(i) Yannis Galanakis (University of Kent): Female Human Capital Mismatch: An Extension for the British Public Sector
(ii) Samuel Mann (Wales Institute of Social & Economic Research): Gender Identity, Employment, Self-Employment and Trans Legislation
- September 3, 2020: Kompal Sinha (Macquarie University, Sydney): Paid Parental Leave and Maternal Mental Health. GLO Virtual Seminar.
- August 6, 2020. Sergei Guriev (Sciences Po, Paris): The Political Economy of Populism. GLO Virtual Seminar.
- July 9, 2020. Marie Claire Villeval (French National Centre for Scientific Research): Teaching Norms in the Streets. GLO Virtual Seminar.
- June 11, 2020. Danny Blanchflower (Dartmouth College): Despair, Unhappiness and Age. GLO Virtual Seminar.
- June 6, 2020. Charles Manski (Northwestern University): Coping with COVID Uncertainties
Keynote: Third IESR-GLO Conference on “COVID-19”.
- June 5, 2020. Daron Acemoglu (MIT): A Multi-risk SIR Model with Optimally Targeted Lockdown
Keynote: Third IESR-GLO Conference on “COVID-19”.
- December 3, 2019. Jo Ritzen (UNU-MERIT): Una segunda oportunidad para Europa (A Second Chance for Europe)
Debate and book presentation with Klaus F. Zimmermann, Salvador Pérez-Moreno and Javier López.
- November 1, 2018. Video presentation (GLO YouTube version) on Climate Change, Agriculture and Migration of Shuaizhang Feng & Xiaomeng Cui at the “Climate Change and Human Responses” conference co-organized by Global Labor Organization (GLO), FOM University of Applied Sciences and Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) on October 31 – November 2 in Hong Kong.