Third IESR-GLO Joint Conference. The Institute for Economic and Social Research (IESR) at Jinan University and the Global Labor Organization (GLO) were jointly organizing a virtual conference on economic issues related to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- The conference was held from June 5 (Friday) to June 7 (Sunday) through Zoom Webinar. Full Program. Over 300 participants worldwide.
- Keynote addresses by Daron Acemoglu (MIT) and Charles Manski (Northwestern University). Links lead to the videos of the keynote lectures.
– June 5, 2020. Daron Acemoglu (MIT): A Multi-risk SIR Model with Optimally Targeted Lockdown
Large gains from targeted policy!
– June 6, 2020. Charles Manski (Northwestern University): Coping with COVID Uncertainties
We must take care when performing!
- Fotos of all speakers.
- GLO Report Day 1 and GLO Report Day 2.
- Conference Recap
- Conference Gallery
Speakers of June 7
Lamis Kattan, Jianan Lu, Stefan Pichler, Domenico Depalo, Robin Kaiji Gong & Sergio Scicchitano
Wei Shi, Klaus F. Zimmermann, Shuaizhang Feng & Yingyao Hu
- Institute for Economic and Social Research (IESR), Jinan University, https://iesr.jnu.edu.cn/Home/main.htm
- Global Labor Organization (GLO), https://glabor.org/
- The conference website is https://iesr.jnu.edu.cn/IESR_GLO/main.htm.
- The conference is supported by the Journal of Population Economics. The Journal welcomes submissions dealing with the demographic aspects of the coronavirus crisis.